As the official repository for records of the University of Connecticut, holdings include the papers of presidents, administrative officers, and Board of Trustees; papers and selected publications of University faculty members; records of University student and employee organizations; photographs, sound recordings, films, memorabilia, student publications, yearbooks, and athletics realia; and dissertations, theses, and senior honors papers produced by University students.
The University Archives holds the institutional memory of the University of Connecticut and is the largest and most comprehensive source of information on the history and cultural heritage of UConn and its predecessor institutions. As the collective memory of the university, the Archives contains official and historical records including documentation of governance, policy, operation of administrative offices, research, programs, and publications. Unpublished materials in the Archives include photographs, films, memorabilia, administrative records of major university offices, and the papers of presidents, administrative officers, and members of the faculty. Special collections have also been established to document such important events as UCONN 2000 and the men’s and women’s national basketball championships. Formats accepted include manuscripts, diaries, correspondence, scrapbooks, photographs, ephemera, administrative records, sound recordings, moving images, accessible/supported electronic records. Departmental minutes, publications and programmatic information are accepted.
- University of Connecticut History collections
- UConn Black Student Sit-In Photographs, 1974
- Resources in the Archives on Student Unrest at UConn
- An Incident of Racism at UConn on October 9, 1969
- Resources in the Archives on Student Life at UConn
- Resources in the Archives about Women at UConn
- Resources in the Archives about the History of UConn Athletics
- Resources in the Archives about the UConn Marching Band
- Resources in the Archives about UConn Student Government
- Selected images from the University of Connecticut Photograph Collection
- Student and Student Organizations Newspapers, Publications and Periodicals
- The Great New England Hurricane of 1938 Lands at the Connecticut State College
- A Great Moment in UConn Athletics History: The Men's Basketball Team's 1999 NCAA Championship
- The Death of Gardner Dow
- The Short but Happy Life of Jonathan I, our First Canine Mascot
- A College Degree: More Than a Diploma
- The Student Perspectives: Photographs by Howard S. Goldbaum
Help us build the UConn Covid-19 Collection with your personal experiences of the COVID-19 pandemic by UConn-affiliated individuals, wherever you may be during these unusual times and using any media with which you are comfortable. Examples can include audio files, social media posts, emails, screenshots, photographs, blog posts, journaling, zines, interviews, and more. For more information about the collection speak to Betsy Pittman, University Archivist.
Accessing These Materials
All materials are available for use in the John P. McDonald Reading Room. For additional information, please see Using our Materials. Some collections are available in our digital repository.
University Archivist; Archival Processing; Political Collections