The Library provides copyright information relevant to instructors teaching classes. Instructors are responsible for compliance with copyright law and with license agreements for Library-licensed electronic resources.
A University ID or a UConn Library Borrower ID is required to borrow Reserve materials.
Location of Reserve Materials
Physical reserves for the Storrs campus, including the materials for music classes, are kept on the Plaza Level of the Homer Babbidge Library. School of Pharmacy course materials are kept at the Pharmacy Library. Regional Campus course materials are located at the regional campus’ library. Contact regional campus staff for details.
Reserve materials circulate for one of the following loan periods:
- 3 hours, books not to leave the Library
- 3 hours, DVD regional campuses
- 4 hours, DVD Storrs Campus
- 1 day
- 3 days
- 7 days
Requests for books and DVDs are submitted by instructors electronically. Reserve staff make every attempt to process requests in a timely manner. Requests are processed in the order received. Requests submitted after the start of term, or incomplete or incorrect information in requests, can cause delays in making Reserve materials available to students.
Ordering New Materials
Instructors are encouraged to draw course materials from the Library’s collections and from Open Educational Resources.
The Library routinely purchases ebooks and streaming videos for the collections. Please fill out this form to request a purchase. Purchases are made in accordance with the Library’s Collection Development Policies. While the Library does not purchase textbooks or workbooks for specific courses, instructors may supply such materials to the course reserve program as personal copies.
Placing Personal Items on Reserve
- Personal copies of books, DVDs, and CDs are placed on Reserve at the owner’s risk. Although we make every effort to safeguard materials, the Library is not responsible for damaged or lost personal items.
- We will attach book pockets and barcodes to your personal items.
- Please drop off your personal copies at the iDesk on the Plaza level of the Homer Babbidge Library or at the Circulation Desk of your Regional Campus Library.
- Please contact Reserve Services staff if you have other types of personally owned items you wish to put on Reserve to see if the request can be accommodated.