Each semester, or as needed, please submit a list of any books and videos you need for course reserves to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your message:
- Course number and course name (e.g., HIST 3232 – History of Refugees)
- Date needed
- Semester(s) assigned
The UConn Library prioritizes electronic access to materials for greater equity, ease of access, and increased usage. Whenever feasible, we will purchase electronic versions of materials that instructors have assigned to courses or requested be put on Course Reserve. Materials unavailable in electronic format can be placed on traditional reserve at your selected campus location.
See this guide for more details on finding and requesting ebooks and streams.
Additional Guidance for Instructors:
- When possible, submit assigned course materials requests at least three weeks in advance.
- Due to budgetary constraints, requests for electronic materials may be limited to the five most important resources per course.
- The Library generally does not acquire traditional textbooks.
- Purchases will be made in accordance with the Library’s Collection Development Policies.
- The Library can help you identify alternative course materials and create persistent links for electronic resources. Please contact your subject specialist for assistance.