The UConn Stamford Campus Library Learning Commons brings together Library Services, Technology Support and the Writing & Q Center in one central space. Located on the first floor this collaborative effort gathers all resources and space for working on academic assignments to the 21st century.
Library Hours | Library Resources| Technology Support | Writing & Q Center |
UConn Stamford Student Resources
The Library Learning Commons offers:
|• Computer Workstations (PC/Macs)||• Library Services Desk & Access and Visitor Services Department|
• Media:Scape (1) & Collaboration Spaces (3) – 1st floor
|• Scanners||• Research Assistance | One-on-One Consultation|
|• Research Databases||• Comfortable furnishings|
|• The Source for Active Learning (Stamford Tutoring Center) Room 1.74||• Whiteboards & Portable power receptacles|
|• Academic Software Programs (UConn Anyware)||• Library Equipment Loans (calculators, laptops, headphones)|
|• Quiet Study Area – 2nd floor|
|• Quiet Study Room – 1st floor, Room 1.65|
Bloomberg Terminal -1st floor (across from library elevator)
Library Group Study Rooms – 2nd floor (4 rooms, 2.61 -2.64)
Library Conference Room – 1st floor (seats 10) Room 1.67
• Technology Support Desk -1st floor
Stamford Library Staff
|• UConn WorldCat|
• Interlibrary Services (MyILLiad)
|• Off-Campus Access Help|
|• UConn RefWorks
(citation management software)
|• Google Scholar (set and save preferences for University of Connecticut)
[ Using Google Scholar Guide ]
|• UConn Library Start Guides|
|• UConn Research Now! Guides|
Stamford Technology Services Group
(University Tech Support)
• One Card Office – add money to your UConn ID (Husky One Card). Cash not accepted.
• Photocopying: B&W $0.10 cents per page with your Husky One Card. Cash not accepted
• Free Scanning (from stand-alone scanner stations & from our photocopy machine)
• Print with Wepa: (B&W $0.08 cents per page/ Color $0.35 cents per page)
• Wireless Access for Students
|• HuskyCT (Help for Instructors: IRC )|
• UConn Technology Support Center (ITS)
860.486.4357 (HELP) | Email: email@example.com
|• Remote Access/Remote Desktop|
|• UConn Anyware
(remote access to university-licensed software & software catalog)
• Wireless Access for Guests
(select the UConn-Guest Network)
|• University Policies|
|• Information Security Policy Manual|
Note: Tutoring Services not available during Winter/Spring Intersessions and Summer Sessions.
The tutoring schedule will be announced at the beginning of the semester through the UConn Stamford student mailing list; make sure to check your UConn email for Writing Center updates.
- Walk-ins are welcome at the Stamford Tutoring Center also known as The Source for Active Learning.
- Hours of operation and subject availability are on our website.
- “The Source” is located on the first floor of the UConn Stamford Jeremy Richard Library, room 1.74, back corner of the library.
- You can meet with your writing consultant for a 30-minute one-on-one session in the library.
- You should bring the assignment sheet and instructions to your session if coming for an assignment.