Search digital collections from UConn Library and more than 40 educational and cultural institutions from around the state in the Connecticut Digital Archive.
Search descriptive guides, inventories, and finding aids for UConn Library's archival and manuscript collections in ArchivesSpace.
The UConn Stamford Campus Library Learning Commons brings together Library Services, Technology Support and the Writing & Q Center in one central space. Located on the first floor this collaborative effort gathers all resources and space for working on academic assignments to the 21st century.
Library Hours | Library Services| Technology Support | Writing & Q Center |
Make a NEXUS Appointment| UConn Stamford Student Resources
The Library Learning Commons offers:
|• Computer Workstations (PC/Macs)||• Library Services Desk / Access Services Dept|
|• Printers (B&W, Color) UConn ID Required. (HuskyPrint.uconn.edu)||• Media:Scape (1) & Collaboration Spaces (3) – 1st floor (seating up to 5 people) (first come, first serve)|
|• Scanners||• Research Assistance|
|• Research Databases (lib.uconn.edu)||• Comfortable furnishings|
|• The Source for Active Learning (Writing Center/Q Center) Room 1.74||• Whiteboards & Portable power receptacles|
|• Academic Software Programs (software.uconn.edu)||• Library Equipment Loans (calculators, laptops, headphones)|
|• Technology Support Desk -1st floor (techsupport.uconn.edu)||• Quiet Study Area – 2nd floor|
|• Quiet Study Room – 1st floor, Room 1.65||• Group Study Rooms – 2nd floor (5 rooms, 2.61 -2.65) (first come, first serve)|
|• Conference Room – 1st floor (seats 10) Room 1.67 (first come, first serve)||• Bloomberg Terminal -1st floor (across from library elevator)|
Stamford Library Staff
• Library Catalog
(Books, eBooks, journal articles, DVDs)
|• UConn WorldCat – Find Books & Media|
• Interlibrary Services (MyILLiad)
|• Off-Campus Access Help|
|• UConn RefWorks
(citation management software)
|• Google Scholar (set and save preferences for University of Connecticut) [Using Google Scholar]|
Stamford Technology Services Group
(University Tech Support)
• One Card Office – add money to your UConn ID (Husky One Card). Cash not accepted.
• Printing & Photocopying: (B&W $0.05 cents per page/ Color $0.15 cents per page).
• Free Scanning (from stand-alone scanner stations & from our photocopy machine)
• HuskyPrint for Students
• Wireless Access for Students
|• HuskyCT (Help for Instructors: IRC and Students: DLC)|
• UConn ITS Help Center
860.486.4357 (HELP) | Email: email@example.com
|• Remote Access/Remote Desktop|
|• UConn Anyware
(remote access to university-licensed software)
(available software for students, faculty and staff)
|• University Policies|
|• Information Security Policy Manual|
Note: Tutoring Services not available during Winter/Spring Intersessions and Summer Sessions.
- Like Us on Facebook! search “UConn Stamford Writing Center”
- Follow us on Twitter: @uconnstamwc
The tutoring schedule will be announced at the beginning of the semester through the UConn Stamford student mailing list; make sure to check your UConn email for Writing Center updates.
- Walk-ins are welcome but scheduling a one-on-one appointment is encouraged.
- “The Source” is located on the first floor of the UConn Stamford Jeremy Richard Library, room 1.74, back corner of the library.
- For Appointments, go to the NEXUS website
- Click on “Log In” and then login with your NetID and password (if you don’t know your NetID and password visit http://netid.uconn.edu to find out and activate it.
- Click “Schedule an Appointment” and then “Search by Department”
- Scroll to “The Source for Active Learning”
- Click on “Choose Person” and select your tutor
- Schedule you appointment (no more than two 30 minute appointments per day)
- Meet with your tutor in the Learning Commons area of the Jeremy Richard Library (Room 1.74), in the back right corner of the library.
- After you make an appointment online, you will receive an email confirmation. Make sure to cancel your appointment online if you realize you cannot keep it.
- Can’t make it in-person? Email your essay or assignment to our UConn Stamford Online Tutoring Program email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. View the Stamford Online Tutoring Program Guidelines here.
- You can meet with your writing consultant for a 30-minute one-on-one session in the library.
- You should bring the assignment sheet and instructions to your session, if coming for an assignment.
- Need to cancel an appointment? You can cancel your appointment online.
|• Schedule an Appointment thru NEXUS|
|• Citation Guides & Management Tools
(RefWorks, APA, MLA, Turabian/Chicago, ASA etc)