- Homer Babbidge Library: Instruction 1102, 1136 (formerly EC-1), 1137 (formerly URC), 2118 (formerly EC-2), Video Theater 1, Video Theater 2 and the Visualization Studio
There is a growing demand for the use of the library’s instruction rooms, lecture rooms, and video theaters by teaching faculty, teaching assistants, and other non-library staff. The library seeks to maximize the use of these instruction venues by making each of the spaces as flexible and multi-purpose as possible and by making sure that the spaces are available to all potential users in a fair and equitable manner.
Library instruction spaces are for supplemental use only; they are not to be reserved for the exclusive use of semester-long courses.
Library Classrooms are intended primarily for instruction and training sponsored by staff at the Library. Other University staff and faculty may request to use an electronic classroom or the video theaters for specialized instruction or training anytime during the year. Faculty and students may also contact Subject Specialists (https://lib.uconn.edu/services/subject-specialists/) for their expertise and information regarding Library Services.
Library Classrooms may be available for other educational teaching, meeting, training, or presentation by persons/groups affiliated with the University of Connecticut. Non-University groups may be permitted limited use of Library classrooms during non-academic periods, subject to approval by the Dean.
Please note that:
- Classrooms are not available for semester-long courses.
- Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis for:
- use of classroom by University departments, student groups, etc.
- multiple uses of rooms (more than 2-3 times in one semester)
- simultaneous use of two or more rooms
- Use of classrooms (during non-academic periods) by non-University groups
- The UConn Library is not responsible for left or unattended items.
For information about reserving other, non-classroom spaces in the Homer Babbidge Library and Dodd Research Center for both University and public use, see https://lib.uconn.edu/teach-learn/rooms-public-spaces/rooms-list/.