Avery Point Campus Library Disability Services
It is the mission of the University of Connecticut Library to provide every library patron access to all library facilities and collections to the best of our abilities. This page contains information on library services for persons with disabilities at UConn’s Avery Point Library. For other UConn locations, please consult the appropriate Library or site.
The Library provides assistance to persons with permanent or temporary disabilities on an individual basis. Services include but are not limited to:
- Retrieval of library materials held at Avery Point Library, Avery Point Campus.
- Assistance with bibliographic sources.
- Orientation to the Library building.
- Assistance with research projects.
- Access to materials in alternative formats.
Avery Point Library has the following equipment available:
- Accessible workstations for the Library’s electronic services
- Internet access
Avery Point Library has a ramp and automatic door on the west entrance nearest the parking lot. There is an elevator to the second floor which may require assistance from staff.
UConn faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students may place requests for library materials held at the Avery Point Library and beyond through Interlibrary Services. Avery Point Library staff will assist patrons with retrieval on site.