Head of Interlibrary Services
Pronouns She | Her | Hers
Erika McNeil has worked in a variety of academic libraries, including the University of Connecticut, the Ohio State University, MIT, Boston College, and the Ohio State University's Health Sciences Library. In her career she has also gained a wide variety of experience in resource sharing, access services, technical services, and personnel management. She currently serves on the EAST Resource Sharing and Special Collections Working Group and the Boston Library Consortium Heads of Resource Sharing Committee. She has held positions in library organizations, including Chair of the Boston Library Consortium's Resource Sharing Community of Interest Group, in which she continues as an active member and collaborator, and as Co-Chair of the Association of College and Research Libraries New England Chapter's Leadership Development Committee. She received her B.A. from Wheaton College in Massachusetts, her M.A. in English Literature from Boston College, and her M.L.I.S. from Southern Connecticut University.
Areas of Expertise
- Resource Sharing
- Access Services
- Personnel Management
Scholarly Activity (selection)
- McNeil, E., Huzarewicz, S., and Rodriguez, M. (January 20, 2022). “Licensing and Interlibrary Lending of Whole Ebooks.” Boston Library Consortium. [Webinar].
- McNeil, E., Huzarewicz, S., and Rodriguez, M. (December 10, 2021). “Licensed to Loan: Interlibrary Lending of Whole Ebooks.” AMIGOS Library Services 2021: Facing the Future of Resource Sharing. [Virtual conference presentation].
- McNeil, E., and Kaufman, R. (September 2021). Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility in Library Collections: A UConn Project. Northwest Interlibrary Loan and Resource Sharing Conference. [Virtual presentation].
- McNeil, E., Huzarewicz, S., and Rodriguez, M. (May 2021). Interlibrary Lending of Whole Ebooks. Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA) Joint Resource Sharing and Collection Development Annual Meeting 2021. [Panel presentation].
- McNeil, E., Williams, G., and McHone-Chase, Sarah. (October 2020). Interlibrary Loan in uncertain times with RapidILL. [ExLibris/RapidILL Panel presentation].
- Huzarewicz, S. & McNeil, E. (May 2019). Interlibrary Loan and Licensing Cooperating to Create a 21st Century Approach to E-Book Lending. [Poster presentation]. ACRL-NEC Annual Conference, Portland, Maine.
- McNeil, E. & Huzarewicz. (July 2019). Sharing Your E-Book Collection. [Poster presentation]. IDS Project Annual Conference, Utica, New York.
- McNeil, E. and Palacios, T. (March 2017). Harness Your Resources. [Poster presentation]. OCLC Resource Sharing Conference, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- McNeil, E. (March 2016). Smart CATs: Cancelling Course-Adopted Texts the Smart Way. [Poster presentation]. International ILLiad Conference, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- McNeil, E. and Huzarewicz, S. (March 2015). Serving Patrons with Disabilities. [Poster presentation]. International ILLiad Conference 2015, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- McNeil, E., Kennedy, S., and Cowan, S. (May 2012). Library as Platform for User Success: User Driven Collections, Services and Spaces. [Conference presentation]. ACRL-NEC Annual Conference, Worcester, MA.
- McNeil, E. (2017). ILLiad, Rapid, and an unmediated solution to the interlibrary loan textbook dilemma. Journal of Access Services, 14(2), 68-79. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15367967.2017.1299579.