Current UConn students can reserve a Homer Babbidge Library group study room online.
All you need is your NetID!
- Click above link: "Reserve Group Study Room"
- Find the room that you want on the left, and select the time that you want your reservation to start in the calendar grid to the right.
- At the bottom of the screen, select the time you want your reservation to end, then hit "Submit Times."
- Enter your NetID and password.
- Hit the "Continue" button if all of your reservation information is correct.
- Hit the "Submit My Booking" button to complete your reservation. You'll receive an email confirmation.
- Show up to the room on time with at least one other member of your group.
- Group study rooms may be reserved for two or more people engaged in collaborative projects. Students are welcome to use an unoccupied group study but must yield to a group on request and/or a reservation.
- Students may reserve a group study up to 3 days in advance.
- A student may reserve a group study up to twice a day, for a maximum of 6 hours a day.
- Personal items left unattended in a group study after the reserved time is complete will be removed by Library Security and brought to the Lost & Found, Plaza Level, Security Desk.
- The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please be respectful of others; keep noise to appropriate levels for the floor you are on.
Can I reserve a room to use by myself?
No, group study rooms are just that – group study for 2 or more people. Individual study rooms are available for checkout at the iDesk.
Can I reserve a room to use anytime the library is open?
No, reservations end 2 hours before the library closes, but you are welcome to use any unoccupied group study room after that until the library closes.
How many rooms are there?
There are a total of 35 rooms, which can accommodate anywhere from 2 to 18 people!
What is in each room?
You can see what is available in each room by clicking on the 'Info' button to the left of the room name.
How long can I stay in a room?
You can reserve group study rooms for 1 to 3 hour sessions.
How far in advance can I reserve a study room?
2 days before your study session.
How many reservations can I have in the system at a time?
Two per day.
What if I make a reservation and then decide I don’t want the room?
You can cancel your reservation through a link in your confirmation email.
What if I booked a study room, but arrive to find that someone is in it?
Please explain to them that you have a reservation for the room, and show them your confirmation message. If you have any issues, please contact the iDesk.
What if I want to take a break from studying and leave the room?
The rooms will be unlocked, so we recommend that you take valuables with you when you take a break. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.