UConn Library at Hartford Public Library Technology Services
|Laptop – Mac||4 hours or until end of day||Check Availability|
|Laptop – Windows||4 hours or until end of day||Check Availability|
|Canon EOS Rebel T5i
|4 hours or until end of day||1|
|USB Microphones||7 days||12|
|Kensington Headphones||4 hours or until end of day||4|
|Portable DVD Player||4 hours or until end of day||1|
|Green Screens||In-Library Use Only||2|
|Camera Tripod||In-Library Use Only||2|
These items are paid for by the University of Connecticut’s Student Technology Fee and may only be checked out to currently enrolled UConn students. All equipment loans are subject to overdue fines and replacement costs, including replacement costs for items left unattended and not returned.
If items are not returned within the allotted time as indicated by these rules the matter will be referred to the UConn Office of Community Standards. Please refer to Student Code of Conduct Policy #14 on theft.
- Laptops can only be used on campus with the UConn-Secure Wireless Network using your Student NetID/Password
- 4 Hour Loan or shortened to close of business hours. No renewals.
- Failure to return laptops when due may result in the suspension of laptop borrowing privileges.
- Log off of the laptop prior to returning.
- Return laptops to a staff member, not in the book drop.
- Laptop configuration cannot be modified in any way by attempting to install or uninstall software, including changing settings.
- Printers cannot be installed. Visit HuskyPrint.uconn.edu for information on how to use the pay-to-print service available at all UConn campus locations.
- Laptop Overdue Fine: $1.00/hr
- Replacement Cost: $1,500.00
|UConn Library Computers||Main Floor, Ground Floor|
|Innovation Lab||Ground Floor|
|Digital Scholarship Studio||Ground Floor|
Adobe Creative Cloud
Library iMacs and MacBooks offer the Adobe Creative Cloud collection of apps for digital design, video and audio editing, and much more! Use your NetID and password for access.
Printing and Scanning
|HuskyPrint||Main Floor||1 B/W
The KICScanner allows you to scan documents to your e-mail, flash driver, or smartphone
UCONN-SECURE is a secure wireless service faculty, staff, and students may use while at any UConn campus. University issued devices are configured for UConn wireless service.
Username: UConn NetID
Password: NetID Password
UCONN-GUEST is a non-encrypted, non-secure wireless service that guests to UConn may use to access the internet. However, access to UConn resources may be restricted.
No Login Credentials Required
eduroam is a secure wireless service that UConn faculty, staff, and students as well as visitors from other institutions can use when visiting any participating institution.
Username: NetID@uconn.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: NetID Password or participating institution password
HPL-PUBLIC is a non-encrypted, non-secure wireless service that guests to the UConn Library at Hartford Public Library may use to access the internet. However, access to UConn resources may be restricted.
No Login Credentials Required