Research Services Librarian
Fyansia ( Fyiane) Nsilo Swai is the Social Science Librarian and liaison to Archaeology & Anthropology, Communications, and Sociology at the UConn Library. She has a Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Resources Economics from the University of Connecticut and a Master of Library Information Science from the University of Rhode Island.
Fyiane is a 2007 recipient of the NISOD Excellence in Teaching Award and recently Co-authored a chapter in the 2018 ACRL Book “Undergraduate Research and the Academic Librarian: Case Studies and Best Practices”.
Area of Expertise
- Information Literacy Instruction
Recent Scholarly activity
- Bridging the Digital Divide: Onboarding Students with a Tech-Skills Ramp-Up Program. Digital Divide 3.0: Bridging the Gap in Information Literacy. Connecticut Information Literacy Conference (CILC) June 11, 2021-Online
- The Role of Librarians in Designing and Implementing Collaborative Educational Programs to Initiate Campus and Community Conversations around Critical Issues – Co-presenter. Panhandle Academic Libraries Conference, Tallahassee, FL. July 17, 2019.
- “Undergraduate Research and the Academic Librarians: Case Studies and Best Practices. Co-author, Chapter 23 The Honors Colloquium at QCC; A Decade of Excellence, publication date Nov 2017. Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL).
- American Library Association
- Association of College & Research Libraries
- Black Caucus of the American Library Association (BCALA)