Access the library’s electronic resources off-campus with proxy
The UConn Health Sciences Library offers remote access to Journals, eBooks, and Databases via proxy.
Our licensing agreements with publishers limit who is eligible for this service.
On this page:
Register for off-campus access with proxy
You do not need to register if you are
UConn Health faculty, staff, or students with an UConn Health Network username and password.
You must register if you are
- Affiliated or community faculty with an official faculty appointment at UConn Health
- Technology Incubation Program (TIP) employees
Register: Submit the form below
What to expect after you register
- It may take up to three days to activate your new proxy account.
- While processing your registration, we may ask for a copy of your affiliation letter if your name does not appear on our lists of community and affiliated faculty.
- Once your registration is processed, we will send you an email with your 14-digit Library Barcode, password, and a date when your access expires.
- We will send you an email annually to confirm you are still affiliated with UConn Health before we reactivate your account.
Have eligibility or registration questions? Please contact the Information Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-679-3808.
How to use proxy
You can expect to complete the following steps when you are off-campus or using the UConnHealth-GUEST Wi-Fi network on-campus.
- Start your search at the Library’s website (lib.uconn.edu/health), select a resource, and the Library site will automatically redirect you to the Proxy Login Page if the selected resource requires a subscription.
- Login to the Proxy Login Page by entering your UConn Health Network username and password or your Library Barcode and password.
- That’s it! You will see your resource after logging in.
Having trouble? See the Off-Campus Access tutorial, FAQ and troubleshooting tips or contact the Information Desk at email@example.com or 860-679-3808.
Have questions or need help?
See FAQ and troubleshooting tips.
General questions or comments
Contact Sheryl Bai at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 679-8371.
Eligibility and registration questions
Contact the Library’s Information Desk at (860) 679-3808 or email@example.com.
Username and password issues
- UConn Health Network username and password: Contact the IT Helpdesk at (860) 679-4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library Barcode and password: Contact the Library’s Information Desk at (860) 679-3808 email@example.com.