The UConn Stamford Campus Library Learning Commons brings together Library Services, Technology Support and the Writing & Q Center in one space. Located on the first floor this collaborative effort gathers all resources and space for working on academic assignments to the 21st century.
Library Hours | Library Services| Technology Support | Writing & Q Center | Make an ADVAPP Appointment
The Library Learning Commons offers:
|• Computer Workstations||• Library Circulation|
|• Printers (B&W, Color)||• Collaboration Spaces & Study rooms|
|• Scanners||• Research Assistance|
|• Research Databases||• Comfortable furnishings|
|• The Source for Active Learning (Writing/Q Center)||• Whiteboards|
|• Academic Software Programs||• Library Equipment Loans|
|• Technology Support||• Quiet Study Areas|
Stamford Library Staff
• Wireless Printing (B&W $.10cents | Color $.35cents)
Stamford Technology Services Group
(University ITS Help Center)
• One Card Office – Cash not accepted. add money to your UConn ID/Husky One Card
•Printing & Photocopying:
• Google Apps@UConn (UConn Gmail)
• UConn Anyware
remote access to university-licensed software for faculty and students
• University ITS (UITS) Help Center PH: 860.486.4357 (HELP) | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Free Scanning (from stand-alone scanner station & from our Photocopy machine)
Note: Tutoring Services not available during Winter/Spring Intersessions and Summer Sessions.
- Like Us on Facebook! search “UConn Stamford Writing Center”
- Follow us on Twitter: @uconnstamwc
The tutoring schedule will be announced at the beginning of the semester through the UConn Stamford student mailing list; make sure to check your UConn email for Writing Center updates.
- Walk-ins are welcome but scheduling a one-on-one appointment is encouraged.
- Go to the ADVAPP website, at the drop down menu listing….
- a) Select “The Source (Stamford Writing Center & Q Center)” from the drop-down menu list, and click “continue”
- b) In the next screen, login with your UConn NetID
- c) Following the instructions after you login, make your appointment (no more than two 30-minute appointments per day)
- When you make an appointment online, you will receive an email confirmation. If you don’t know your NetID and password, you need to visit http://netid.uconn.edu to find out and activate it.
- Can’t make it in-person? Email your essay or assignment to our UConn Stamford Online Tutoring Program email address: email@example.com. View the Stamford Online Tutoring Program Guidelines here.
- You can meet with your writing consultant for a 30-minute one-on-one session in the library.
- You should bring the assignment sheet and instructions to your session, if coming for an assignment.
- Need to cancel an appointment? Look for cancellation links and tutor contact information thru ADVAPP.
|• Schedule an Appointment thru ADVAPP and Select “The Source (Stamford Writing Center & Q Center)” from list.|
• Citation Guides & Management Tools (RefWorks, APA, MLA, etc)