School of Fine Arts Resource Center

Music Resource Center

Changes to Library Services at the School of Fine Arts Resource Center

Library services in the Resource Center will be limited due to construction in the Fine Arts facility starting in the fall of 2017 through the spring, 2018 semesters. 

Access to the collections housed in the building, including scores, scripts, music CDs and other media will be via advanced request only through the Library catalog.

Items that have been requested prior to 1pm will be available for pick-up in room DRMU 148 of the Drama-Music Building, Monday – Friday, 1 – 4 p.m.  Notices will be sent when items become available. 

Materials requested through interlibrary loan will be available for pick up at the Babbidge Library iDesk on the Plaza Level. 

Course Reserves are available at the Babbidge Library iDesk on the Plaza Level. 



What are your hours during Spring Break, 2018?
Monday – Friday, March 10 – 16, 1-3pm


Can I browse the stacks between 1-4pm Mon-Fri?
During construction public access is prohibited including browsing the stacks.


If a student has class during these times, can another student pick up their items for them?  Could they present the ID of the student who wants the material?
The Library has a Proxy Patron program that allows faculty to designate a student to pick up materials and we will be extending a more streamlined version of this for students requesting items from the Resource Center this fall. In order to do this the student needs to 1) send a note to indicating the item they have requested to be picked up through the system, the name of the student who will be picking it up, and the general time when they will come get it and 2) send their OneCard with the person picking up the item for verification.

Another option is to select another library location with greater open hours as the pick up location.


Where is DRMU 148?  (Is that in the School of Fine Arts Resource Center itself?)
DRMU 148 is in the Drama-Music Building, first floor down the orange corridor.


How do we make a request through the Library catalog? 
Once you have located and selected the item in a catalog search there will be a yellow bar asking for you to sign in to your account to request. In the ‘Find on Shelf’ section is a link to ‘Request from UConn’. From there you can select ‘School of Fine Arts Resource Center’. More information and screenshots can be found on our Request Service page.


Can I request any circulating item be picked up in the School of Fine Arts Resource Center, even if it is from Babbidge Library or the other four regional campus libraries (Avery Point, Hartford, Stamford, or Waterbury)?
Yes, all circulating items can be picked up in the School of Fine Arts Resource Center. All non-circulating items (reference items, print journals, or prompt books) do not circulate and will only accessible in Homer Babbidge.  


Who can I contact  for assistance with requests during the construction period?
David Avery (860-486-1582) or the Babbidge Library iDesk (860-486-2518)


What related materials can you find in the Babbidge Library?

  • Books related to music history, musicology, music theory, composition, and music education (and their oversized counterparts) are located on the Level A Annex of the Babbidge Library.  
  • Books related to dramatic arts history can be found on different floors at the Babbidge Library, based on the call number.   
  • Reference books related to music and dramatic arts are located on Level B of the Babbidge Library.
  • Print journals are located on Level 3 of the Homer Babbidge Library.
  • Prompt Books from the CRT (CT Repertory Theatre) productions are housed at the Dodd Archives and Special Collections.