Lost and Found Policy
The UConn Health Sciences Library is not liable for the security of any items that are brought into the library. Items that are unclaimed are subject to the following policy guidelines:
- If the owner of a lost and found item satisfactorily proves ownership, the item(s) will be returned.
- Perishable items, including food and drink, will be discarded immediately.
- Unclaimed books or miscellaneous papers will be dated and kept at the Information Desk for (1) week.
- Phones, wallets, laptops, passports, driver’s licences, keys and unclaimed money will be held at the Information Desk until library closing when it will be turned into the Lost and Found Office.
- Unclaimed clothing, including jackets, scarves and gloves will be kept at the Information Desk for (1) week. After this period of time, the clothing will be discarded or donated.
- If an item is not claimed within (1) week and after library staff have made a reasonable attempt to contact the owner, the item will either be discarded, made available for other patrons to take from a cart of free items, or added to the library collection.
Lost and Found Office:
Location: Ground floor of University Tower.
Contact: 860-679-4836 (ITEM) or email@example.com
Open by appointment only.
Last updated: 06/22/2020