LOCATIONHomer Babbidge Library
Michael Rodriguez coordinates collection development and strategic initiatives for UConn Library’s scholarly collections. Michael earned his M.S. in Library and Information Studies from Florida State University and his dual B.A. in History and English from Florida Gulf Coast University. He recently served as President of the Association of College and Research Libraries’ New England Chapter (ACRL/NEC) and received NASIG’s Horizon Award and Library Journal’s Reviewer of the Year Award. He enjoys bicycling and editing Wikipedia.
Areas of Expertise
- Business analysis
- Collection development
- Copyright and licensing
- Eresources management
- Vendor negotiation
- Absolutely FABulous: Collecting and celebrating faculty-authored books. College & Research Libraries News, 82(3), 125–128.
- Licensing and managing electronic resources. Reference and Information Services: An Introduction (6th ed., 315–333).
- Licensing by design: A systematic approach. Serials Librarian, 76(1-4), 178–184.
- HTTPS everywhere: Industry trends and the need for encryption. Serials Review, 44(2), 131–137.
- Tools and techniques for troubleshooting remote access. Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship, 30(3), 171–178.