Physical reserves for the Storrs campus, including the materials for music classes, are kept on the Plaza Level of the Homer Babbidge Library. School of Pharmacy course materials are kept at the Pharmacy Library. Regional Campus course materials are located at the regional campus’ library. Contact regional campus staff for details.
Items obtained via ILL may not be placed on Reserve unless they are from a UConn Library.
Requests submitted less than two weeks before the start of the semester and two weeks into the semester may be delayed due to the volume of requests.
Placing Physical Materials Owned by The UConn Library on Reserve
- Place book & media requests Course Reserve Request Form.
- Once your request has been processed, your materials can be viewed via the Course Reserve tab in the libraries general search.
- To ensure media on Reserve is available on a specific date, viewing date(s) must be noted on the Reserve Request form. You may charge the item out up to one day before the viewing date. Note that students, TA’s, or colleagues must be registered as your Proxy Patron to pick up the media in your stead. To reserve a group viewing space, complete the Video Theater Online Booking Form. Regional campus faculty should contact appropriate campus reserve staff.
- Instruct students to give the item’s call number (provided via the Course Reserve tab) to staff at the circulation desk when requesting an item on reserve.
Reusing materials from previous courses.
- The library has retained the lists of all physical items placed on reserve for the past four years. Fill out the appropriate information on the Reserve Request form and library staff will restore the course. There is no need to re-enter requests for physical material used in the past four years.
Placing Personal Copies of Books, DVDs, and CDs on Reserve
- Personal items are placed on Reserve at the owner’s risk. Although we make every effort to protect all Reserve materials, the Library cannot replace items mutilated or lost.
- We will attach book pockets and barcodes to your personal items.
- Please drop off your personal copies at the iDesk on the Plaza level of the Homer Babbidge Library or at the Circulation Desk of your Regional Campus Library.
- Please contact Library Reserve staff if you have other types of personally owned material you wish to put on Reserve to see if the request can be accommodated.
- VHS/DVD’s placed on Reserve for specific dates remains on Reserve until finals are over.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with viewing dates for the new semester to ensure your material will be there on that day(s).
The UConn Library does not purchase materials for course reserves. Instructors are encouraged to draw course materials from the Library’s physical or online collections or from the many Open Education Resources now readily available.