Research Quick Links
Putting material in HuskyCT (ECR) which is not owned by you or the Library
Allow at least three weeks of lead time during the first few weeks of the semester.
Student papers placed on Reserve must be accompanied by a signed release form.
Selections obtained through InterLibrary Loan, borrowed, or photocopied by you from another Library's holdings or from a colleague require permission from the publisher and payment of copyright fees.
- The Library will seek permission and pay reasonable fees.
- Material will be scanned and placed in HuskyCT while awaiting permission.
- Should permission be denied we will notify you and the material will be removed from HuskyCT.
Course anthologies cannot be placed on Reserve due to copyright restrictions.
Follow these guidelines for compliance with the Library's copyright policy:
- Journals - one article per journal issue or 15% of the issue, whichever is greater.
- If the copyright symbol is not on the first page of the article, you must include the page with the publisher information from the front of the issue.
- Books - one chapter or 15% of the book, whichever is greater.
- You must include the title page and the page with the copyyright symbol from the book.
- Click here for more in depth copyright information.
Complete the Reserve Request form to tell us what you want on Reserve.
Materials to be scanned may be delivered to us in one of the following ways:
- Drop your material and a copy of the receipt returned when you submitted the Reserve Request form off at the iDesk on the Plaza level of the Homer Babbidge Library, or at the Circulation Desk of your regional campus library.
- Email or Snail Mail your material along with a copy of the receipt returned when you submitted the Reserve Request form.