Research Quick Links
Putting an article or book chapter in HuskyCT (ECR) from material owned by the Library.
- Journals - one article per journal issue or 15% of the issue, whichever is greater.
- If you provide copies from the print journal, and the copyright symbol is not on the first page of the article, be sure to include the page with the publisher information from the front of the issue.
- Printouts of articles from UConn Library owned databases cannot be used. Most of the time we can link directly to the article so be sure to include the complete citation on the Reserve Request form.
- Books - one chapter or 15% of the book, whichever is greater.
- If you provide copies from the book be sure to include the title page and the page with the copyyright symbol.
- Click here for more in depth copyright information.
Materials that exceed these suggestions will be reviewed by library staff, as time and processing procedures permit, for inclusion in course reserve in light of the four factors of fair use to limit the University's liability for possible copyright infringement.
Please remember, the initial quality of the paper image is the largest determinant in the quality of the final product! If you supply us with the material, please submit the best copy or original in your possession.
Course anthologies cannot be placed on Reserve due to copyright restrictions.
Fill out the Reserve Request form with complete citations for each article or chapter you are requesting.
Materials to be scanned may be delivered to us in one of the following ways:
- Drop your material off at the iDesk on the Plaza level of the Homer Babbidge Library or at the Circulation Desk of your regional campus library. Please include a copy of the receipt returned when you submitted the Reserve Request form
- Email or Snail Mail your material along with a copy of the receipt returned when you submitted the Reserve Request form.