The UConn Stamford Campus Library Learning Commons brings together Library Services, Technology Support and the Writing & Q Center in one space. Located on the first floor this collaborative effort gathers all resources and space for working on academic assignments to the 21st century.
Library Hours | Library Services| Technology Support | Writing & Q Center | Make an ADVAPP Appointment
The Library Learning Commons offers:
|• Computer Workstations||• Library Circulation|
|• Printers (B&W, Color)||• Collaboration Spaces & Study rooms|
|• Scanners||• Research Assistance|
|• Research Databases||• Comfortable furnishings|
|• The Source for Active Learning (Writing/Q Center)||• Whiteboards|
|• Academic Software Programs||• Library Equipment Loans|
|• Technology Support||• Quiet Study Areas|
Stamford Library Staff
• Wireless Printing (B&W $.10cents | Color $.35cents)
|• UConn LibX Toolbar|
Stamford Technology Services Group
• UITS (University ITS Help Center)
•Printing & Photocopying:
Your UConn ID is Required (Husky One Card).
Cash not accepted. There are numerous ways you can add Husky Bucks to your account. Please visit the All About Deposits page for further detail.
• Google Apps@UConn (UConn Gmail)
• Skybox (Your Computer Lab.Anytime.Anywhere). Access Your P:/drive from home with Skybox Online
• University ITS (UITS) Help Center PH: 860.486.4357 (HELP) | Email: email@example.com
• Digital Learning Center (HuskyCT Help for Students, Tutorials & More)
•Free Scanning (from stand-alone scanner station & from our Photocopy machine)
Note: Tutoring Services not available during Winter/Spring Intersessions and Summer Sessions.
- Like Us on Facebook! search “UConn Stamford Writing Center”
- Follow us on Twitter: @uconnstamwc
The tutoring schedule will be announced at the beginning of the semester through the UConn Stamford student mailing list; make sure to check your UConn email for Writing Center updates.
- Walk-ins are welcome but scheduling a one-on-one appointment is encouraged.
- Go to the ADVAPP website, at the drop down menu listing….
- a) Select “The Source (Stamford Writing Center & Q Center)” from the drop-down menu list, and click “continue”
- b) In the next screen, login with your UConn NetID
- c) Following the instructions after you login, make your appointment (no more than two 30-minute appointments per day)
- When you make an appointment online, you will receive an email confirmation. If you don’t know your NetID and password, you need to visit http://netid.uconn.edu to find out and activate it.
- Can’t make it in-person? Email your essay or assignment to our UConn Stamford Online Tutoring Program email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. View the Stamford Online Tutoring Program Guidelines here.
- You can meet with your writing consultant for a 30-minute one-on-one session in the library.
- You should bring the assignment sheet and instructions to your session, if coming for an assignment.
- Need to cancel an appointment? Look for cancellation links and tutor contact information thru ADVAPP.
|• Schedule an Appointment thru ADVAPP and Select “The Source (Stamford Writing Center & Q Center)” from list.|
• Citation Guides & RefWorks (APA, MLA, etc)