UConn Library at Hartford Public Library Disability Services
It is the mission of the University of Connecticut Libraries to provide every library patron access to all library facilities and collections to the best of our abilities. This page contains information on library services for persons with disabilities at UConn Library at Hartford Public Library. For other UConn locations, please consult the appropriate Library or site.
The Library provides assistance to persons with permanent or temporary disabilities on an individual basis. Services include but are not limited to:
- Retrieval of library materials held at UConn Library at Hartford Public Library.
- Orientation to the Library building.
- Assistance with research projects.
- Access to materials in alternative formats.
UConn Library Hartford Library has the following equipment available:
- Accessible workstations for the Library’s electronic services
- Internet access
- Scanner with ability to scan text to voice
UConn faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students may place requests for library materials held at the UConn Library at Hartford Public Library and beyond through Interlibrary Services. UConn Library at Hartford Public Library staff will assist patrons with retrieval on site.