Current Professional Employment Opportunities at the UConn Libraries
Title: Financial Services Assistant
Rank: Financial Assistant I, (UCP 1)
Area: Office of the Vice Provost, UConn Libraries
Under the supervision of the Assistant Vice Provost for University Libraries, the Financial Services Assistant keeps complete set of records and processes financial transactions for the UConn Libraries.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains and monitors all financial records for the Libraries, including, but not limited to, service billing, student payroll, purchasing, travel, and other disbursements.
2. Verifies and enters details of financial transactions such as invoices, requisitions, and other disbursements.
3. Processes financial transactions within financial systems supported by the Libraries or University in an accurate and timely manner. Monitors encumbrances and compiles monthly reports to show statistics pertinent to the operation of the department.
4. Provides data for budget preparation and monitors expenditures for compliance with approved budget limits.
5. Hires, schedules, trains, supervises, and evaluates Financial Services student employees. Determines work assignments and adjusts schedules as necessary to accommodate priority needs; resolves time reporting and/or payment issues.
6. Places orders with vendors and monitors work orders for University services and follows up to resolve problems and assure timely action and delivery. Orders, receives, and dispenses all office supplies.
7. Type correspondence related to department financial matters.
8. Performs related duties as required.
- Associates degree in accounting or bookkeeping or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping, with a demonstrated knowledge of financial processing, record keeping, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience with an online financial system.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex financial information both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel.
This is a full time position based in Storrs with an anticipated start date of June 10, 2016. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn and a highly desirable work environment. Salary is dependent upon education, qualifications, and experience.
Applications should be submitted online using UConn Jobs at http://www.jobs.uconn.edu and include a cover letter, detailed resume, and contact information for three professional references. Please reference search #2016504 and for full consideration please apply by April 15, 2016. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Nominations and inquiries should be sent in confidence to email@example.com.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
For information on employment opportunities at the UConn Libraries please contact:
Head of Administrative Services
369 Fairfield Road, Unit 1005A
Storrs, CT 06269-1005